Current Northbridge Property Market Report
Northbridge is flanked in the west by two arterial roads into either North Sydney or the Harbour Bridge to connect the suburb to the main Sydney CBD and the freeway to Sydney’s international airport. Sailors Bay Road which goes through the centre of Northbridge connects with Eastern Valley Road to feed road traffic out to Sydney’s Northern Beaches and the retail and transport hub of Chatswood.
Hospitals and Schools
North Shore Private Hospital and the Royal North Shore (public) Hospital are very close – they are next to each other and towards the city near St Leonards and both primary and secondary schools are located within the area and in surrounding suburbs. Other local hospitals include the Macquarie University Private Hospital.
Northbridge has some schools close by but many more within the neighbouring suburbs, including:
- Northbridge Public School
- St Philip Neri Primary School
- Sydney Church Of England Grammar School
77.5% of dwellings are separate homes and the 2011 Census statistics reveals the number of semi detached, terraced or townhouse dwellings at 6.2%, with 15.9% units. 46.7% of dwellings have 4 bedrooms or more.
People and Culture
- The population of Northbridge is 5,932 residents
- 70% of residents were born in Australia
- 47.7% of residents drive a car to work and 18% catch a bus
- The most common ancestries in Northbridge (NSW) were English 25.7%, Australian 24.7%, Irish 10.0%, and Scottish 7.3%
Source: 2011 census
Receive Northbridge Property Market Report and keep up to date with property activity and trends
Need a real estate agent who understands Northbridge? Derek Farmer is a residential real estate agent with experience in Northbridge